Wednesday, May 27, 2015

What we ate Wednesday ( lunch )

I am not a cooker. Never really have been either. My husband knew what he was getting into when he married me!

Here lately though I have been wanting to try better things for us to eat, rather than frozen whatevers that we just heat up in the microwave.

So, today I tried and succeed in making homemade chicken nuggets!

Here is what I did:

Cut up some chicken tenders. Mine was like 2 lb. of chicken.  Wash hands. 

I put some flour in a bowl. Did not measure this at all, just dumped some in a bowl. Placed cut up chicken in the bowl to cover it. Wash hands.

Then added the chicken to 3 eggs and a little bit of milk. Shake it up! Wash hands. 

Took it out and placed chicken pieces on a plate of bread crumbs and paprika. Again, I did not measure any of this. I just put some out, rolled them around and if I needed more I added more. Oh yeah, wash hands. 

Then I put them in the over and baked them at 350 degrees for 25 mins. While they are baking you can clean up any messes made because yes, this was messy. At least for me it was! I washed my hands several times in between ( could ya tell?) because I am weird and don't like things on my hands like that. 

Once out of the over and you're done cleaning the kitchen up and doing all the dishes. They should be cooled off enough to serve and eat! 

In the words of my EXTREMELY PICKY EATER ( Monster) "they were fantastic!" 

I will be making more of these for sure! 

No comments: