Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Will it sink or will it float?

Monster and I worked out of the Magic School Bus Science kits we get each month. Today, we talked about water. The first project out of this lesson was a simple one. Does it sink? Does it float? We talked about how items that float are lighter than water, while items that sink are heavier than water. 

He learned that most plastic is lighter while metal is heavier. He actually really enjoyed this one and even played with it for awhile after the lesson was over. 

(I wrote the name of the item and the material while he checked off if it would sink or float.) 

2 comments:

Kirsti said...

That looks so fun! I'll have to look into the magic school bus science kits!! Mine would love it. Thanks again for sending me here, I'm excited to look through your ideas and resources!

Unknown said...

Kristi- thanks for stopping by!!! If you have any questions or want to talk about anything homeschool let me know! I would be glad to help!