Thursday, August 28, 2014

Melted Crayon Art


This was an interesting project we did this week. I even got to turn it into a Science lesson. We talked about how the solid (crayon) turned into a liquid (using the heat), then back into a solid once it was cool. Monster enjoyed did but Mom did have to help some (I had to hold the blow dryer for the most part). I love how it tuned out and can't wait to hang it up! 





LOVE IT! 

Here is what we did:
  • We used a large canvas I had just purchased from Michaels. They had them on sale 2 for $4.99
  • Crayola Crayons unwrapped (I swear those things used to be so much easier to peel off when I was a kid!) 
  • Hair Dryer
Simple as that! Monster is not a HUGE fan of getting his hands dirty or mixing colors, but when the colors did mix he thought it was so cooool... (his words). He ended up pushing the crayon around with a pair of tweezers. I suggest for littler children using a smaller canvas. Since Monster will be taking a Art class this year at co-op I am trying to do more Art with him at home to get him ready for it. This was just one project on our list!

No comments: