Thursday, July 3, 2014

Paint and Melted Crayon Art

Today I wanted to try something new with Monster. The last few days I have been trying to keep him busy and away from his TV (or any electronic device for that matter!). We have painted this week and today we tried painting on cardboard then melting crayon on top! It was a lot of fun. It was neat seeing how it turned out once it melted as well.

What we used:
* Faber-Castell Paint
* Crayola Crayons
* Cheese Grater
* Cardboard (cut from a pizza box from lunch)
* Oven

First Monster painted the cardboard.


He then waited a little bit for it to dry. 

Then he used a cheese grater over his painting and grated crayon shred over his picture.

While he was doing this I preheated the oven to 200 degrees. Once he was ready for them to go in I put them in the oven for 2 minutes. I could of done it longer but it turned out just fine for the look he wanted. 



He did two and they turned out great! I am going to be setting up an art wall for him when we get back from our two week trip to Houston. I want a place to hang all his awesome art that he is doing! 








No comments: